torsdag 24. desember 2009

Editor's update

I just spoke to my brother, and they are currently located in a small town some 1200km from Magadan.
Everyone's alright and spirits are high. Their dog, Sibira, is thriving as well.
The car is running and they are planning to continue towards Magadan soon. They are without internet access at the moment, so this is just a short notice in lieu of a proper update from the boys themselves.

Since their story about being stuck in the snow in Siberia has gotten a little bit of national attention, this might be the place to clear up a few misunderstandings.

They weren't rescued by a company of Russian soldiers as some reports seem to indicate, they were found and towed 100 km by two nice guys in an old UAZ. They are not driving a rented car as some papers report, it's still the same old 1988 model Mercedes that they bought in Larvik back in August.

I got an explanation about the cars technical status involving the loss of a bottom plate, fan belt malfunction and a frozen wheel, all supposedly fixed with an ingeniously placed heating blanket. I have no idea, it didn't make much sense over the telephone, they can hopefully explain it better when they write their next update.

I've also been asked to convey a most heartfelt 'thank you' from the boys to Peter in Russia, the Norwegian Embassy in Moscow, and the local rescuers.

8 kommentarer:

  1. Keep us updated....

    The infomration was disctributed in ...

    http://community.livejournal.com/ru_eu/152153.html

    http://drugoi.livejournal.com/3126867.html

    SvarSlett
  2. Do you mean that on the contrary to what the Russian news agencies report, there was no actual help given by the local state rescuers (The Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergencies) ?

    SvarSlett
  3. Great idea, guys! Greate traveling! Very brave act!
    Magadan is my native city! Welcome!

    SvarSlett
  4. I have no words, i still love you guys and no matter what you decide to do, i will always support you, and if you close your eyes I will be there with you. I have spred the words nationwide - the whole world have their eyes on you this christmas! Safe journey and make sure to have a wonderful celebration of christmas, in the beautiful country you are in! С Рождеством! - Your Biggest Fan Truly

    SvarSlett
  5. Russian state officials lied, as they do always.

    SvarSlett
  6. As mentioned earlier; with a Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4matic and 3 young & strong norwegians, this can not go wrong! I cross my fingers and wish you good luck !!!

    SvarSlett
  7. Guys, you are really cool!

    I'm amazed of your heroism and your difficult trip!

    If you will be in Moscow I'll be very glad if you can be my guests.

    My e-mail: chernyaevk@yandex.ru

    Konstantin. Moscow.

    SvarSlett
  8. Stupid idiots!

    Russian rescue forces - this is not the legendary KGB!

    Next time when you have finished gasoline will not help anyone!

    I wish you that you froze in the middle of Magadan in the form of monuments to your idiocy!

    SvarSlett